- This event has passed.
Bridging the Gap in IT Careers
October 6 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Debugged: Diversifying IT Through Effective Training Programs
The need for skilled IT professionals has never been as clear as it is in this moment, when remote work and learning have become the norm for so many people. While the COVID-19 pandemic has led to record layoffs throughout the economy, the IT sector added 227,000 jobs in June 2020 alone.
However, many people—notably people of color, women, and those without a four-year degree—face barriers to entry that make it difficult to pursue careers in IT, even though there are any number of programs that promise to teach participants in-demand tech skills.
JFF will help address that problem with an October 6 webinar in which participants will learn how to diversify IT through effective training programs.
Join us to:
- Learn about potential solutions to the challenges that IT training providers face when it comes to creating equitable, effective programs
- Gain insights from programs that have increased equity and improved the quality of their offerings while aligning with IT employer needs
You should register if you are:
- A practitioner from an IT training or education program
- An IT hiring manager or a human resources professional
- A policymaker interested in diversifying the IT talent pipeline